So I turned 30 last year.
Scary, I know. To me it felt like age 29 was a whole year of mental preparation for turning 30.
So when 30 finally came, it wasn’t near as bad as I thought it would be. Now 31, we’ll see…2018 is already flying by!
Anyway, I wanted to have a fun first post, so here are 30 things about me!
1. I grew up in Kansas and have lived almost half my life here in Texas.
2. My faith, family, and friends come first in my life. I’m really thankful for what Jesus has done in my life.
3. I was homeschooled K-12 and am proud to call myself a homeschool graduate.
4. My major in college was Secondary Spanish Education with a minor in English. I tend to be nit-picky about spelling and grammar so if you catch an error, please let me know. 🙂
5. I’m a certified K-12 Spanish teacher and taught middle school Spanish for 3 years right after graduating.
6. I now work in international education and really enjoy it!
7. I lived in Madrid, Spain for a school year in 2014-15 as an English Assistant and also did a lot of solo travel around Spain and a few surrounding countries.
8. I’ve been to 13 countries in Central America, South America, and Europe. I joke that I’m a homebody who also likes to travel!
9. My favorite colors are maroon and turquoise.
10. My name is pronounced Ann – dree – uh, not Aun – dray – uh. I actually get asked about this a lot when first meeting people. Although, if you pronounce my name in a Spanish accent, I might love you forever. Hearing my name said aloud was a fun part of visiting Spanish speaking countries and living in Spain.
11. I’m almost always humming or singing when I’m at home. I had fun taking a few beginner voice lessons for the first time in 2018.
12. I enjoy many types of music: piano, acapella, musicals, bluegrass, folk, traditional hymns, contemporary Christian, modern pop and Spanish pop. Some of my favorite concerts and musicals here in Austin have been Josh Groban, The Piano Guys, Rend Collective, Jessie y Joy, Newsies, and Cinderella.
13. I collect magnets and postcards. My fridge is currently displaying all of my magnets.
14. I also love adding to my collection of dishes and gadgets for my kitchen. I have several Pioneer Women kitchen/home items, and I love how colorful and classic they are!
15. HEB is my favorite grocery store to shop at! When I was a kid, I used to love going to shop at HEB with my Grandma when we visited her, and I wished that my family had one to shop at. Lucky me, I’m now in a town that has several locations!
16. I love the idea of hospitality and making others feel welcome in your home. I enjoy having others over and having a meal or snack together.
17. I’ve tried to use more natural products for beauty, cooking, and cleaning the last 3 or so years. I’m becoming a big believer in more natural and healthy living.
18. I prefer to write in pencil rather than pen.
19. I appreciate a good classic film. Roman Holiday with Audrey Hepburn is definitely one of my favorites.
20. I’m terrible with directions (Google Maps is a life saver) and mental math.
21. I tend to wear minimal makeup and simple jewelry. I love necklaces but it’s hard to find bracelets that fit my small wrists. My ears aren’t even pierced, so don’t buy me earrings as a gift. 😛
22. I’m an ISFJ on the Myers Brigs personality test. I’m also a HSP (Highly Sensitive Person), yes this is a real thing! These labels describe me very well, but of course not fully. I think it’s important to get to know yourself to understand and discover the personality and gifts that God has given you.
23. I actually don’t like coffee, such an oddball I know. But I love drinking tea and enjoy a good chai latte when I get the chance!
24. I own several mugs, including a few from abroad. My favorite is this one from Portugal!
25. I started Contra dancing a few years ago and enjoy going when I can. It’s very similar to square dancing, but much easier!
26. Almost all of my apartment is furnished with second hand items from Craigslist, Facebook groups, and Marketplace.
27. My hair is naturally wavy/curly but for years I didn’t know how to embrace it. Finally, at age 28, I discovered how to get a curly hair cut and find the correct hair product for my type of hair thanks to a DevaCurl salon stylist.
28. I love going on walks/hikes. I really enjoy being out in nature (if my allergies aren’t acting up) and exploring new places/cities.
29. I read a ton while growing up and loved it. These days, it feels like a big accomplishment when I finally finish a book. I tend to collect books faster than I finish them, ha. I’ve been a part of 2 book “launches” and am doing two more in Spring 2018. I love giving feedback or helping promote a topic that I find interesting!
30. I have 3 siblings, older brother, younger brother, and a younger sister. So it goes boy, girl, boy, girl and we’re all about 3 years apart in age. I like being the second oldest. 🙂
Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed learning more about me!
I’d love to hear your thoughts or questions. Feel free to comment below!